Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Do you have a license to drive that piano, love?

While listening to Cheryl Cole's below-average new album, 'Messy Little Raindrops', over the weekend....



....I came across this pretty average song called, 'Waiting'....


....in which she has sampled a remarkably above-average song.

Vanessa Carlton's 'A Thousand Miles' has probably been long forgotten about by a lot of you which is a real shame because it is definitely one of the top two hundred songs of the Noughties. Unfortunately for Vanessa she was never able to capitalise on her first single and, unless she makes an epic comeback with an equally amazing song to her first, she will forever be categorised in the one-hit wonder section of our pop memories.

Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy Vanessa and her travelling piano play one of the greatest piano riffs ever to feature on a pop record. Ever.


5 comments:

  1. Wanna hear your thoughts on Jessie J http://youtu.be/pOf3kYtwASo, bloggers I have read have pinned her to have a breakout year next year, and I can see it! love her debut single Do it like a dude! even Mark Feehily has mentioned her on his twitter! lets hear what you think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey EireLuv, I've heard quite a bit about Jessie J too!
    To be honest upon first glance and listen, I don't know whether to be intrigued or petrified!
    Don't get me wrong, the song is very different but I'm not sure it'll catch on. She seems too underground to go mainstream, but you never know, I'm more than likely very wrong and she'll be huge!
    She hits me as the artist Cher Lloyd would love to be, and I can imagine the team around Cher once she's out of X Factor will probably model Cher on, a albeit very watered down version of, Jessie J.
    Overall, yes I think it's good but not to be taste, although I'm very easily swayed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are your thoughts on this song?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83vhhEQIRy0&feature=related

    Thanks for a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello there, i'm not even sure if you want my opinion, but here i go.

    I actually do remember vanessa carlton's song and I thought and still think it's great.

    It's a shame people like that don't really get another chance. The popbusiness is kind of black and white about those things.
    After having such a brilliant first single a second song almost never can be as good as THAT first one and therefor it will probably sell less and is branded as 'just not good enough' and her career is over. that is unfair and it has the public losing out on fantastic music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I hear 'A Thousand Miles' can't help but think of 'White Chicks', everytime!! Always brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete