Friday, November 5, 2010

We Are Pop, an introduction..

So I've decided to start blogging. A bit late to join the craze, I know..


As a journalism student, I was advised to start blogging in my first year. I am now in my third year and have only got around to it now. Oooops. Oh well, better late than never, right?


So you're supposed to blog about what you know. I'd love to be pretentiously deep and say this blog will be filled with life experiences, genius advice and/or my opinions on the economic climate. Unfortunately I'm as shallow as a puddle, therefore this blog will be all about the topic I like mostest, music: particularly that of the pop variety.


I've always hated how mainstream pop music was never considered 'cool'. In this blog, I will take a daily trip back in time and look at some of the greatest pop songs to have ever graced our eardrums to prove to you all why pop music truly is great.


Some will be new, most will be old, some you will have forgotten, others you may not have ever heard; but all, I can assure you, will be little slices of pop gold in their own right.


So where do I start? What song should I post today to kick start us on our journey through pop music? Well the tune I have chosen is, in my opinion, the personification of pop music. So much so, that the song itself is called, 'Pop'.


*Nsync, although never as a big on this side of the water as they were in the States, were a pop group who produced a string of hits at the start of the noughties.
'Pop' is one of their best and, despite Justin's dodgy beatboxing halfway through, if it came on in a club on Saturday night you know you'd be straight on the dancefloor.



My, the beatboxing really is cringeworthy, isn't it?


4 comments:

  1. Hi Adam!!
    Really loved your first post! It sums up about everything that goes on my mind about pop music and why I can't get tired of it, no matter how many years go by...
    My suggestion for your next post: Baby one more time, by Britney Spears!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're my kinda kid Adam...absoloutely LOVE pop music, and it's a shame that there is a snobbery associated with it. Pop is just pure, simple unadulterated FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pop music is great. i always like that type of music.great blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've started a blog!! Yeay! Gonna follow all your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete