Monday, November 8, 2010

The pros and cons of the new Black Eyed Peas' single



It's New Music Monday. The day God made for us all to listen to new music. Hurrah.

The new Black Eyed Peas single is out sooner than any of you could have ever imagined. 
Here are the pros (good things) and the cons (bad things) about the track.


CON: It's called, 'The Time'.


PRO: The lyrics have nothing to do with watches, clocks or time-telling in general.

CON: DJs across the nation may get confused when you go up to their DJ boxes and ask, "Have you got 'The Time'?"

PRO: It samples the Dirty Dancing, end-of-the-night, classic, '(I've Had) The Time Of My Life'.

CON: They don't sound like they've taken much of a departure from their last album.

PRO: They don't sound like they've taken much of a departure from their last album. (I realise I'm repeating myself but lets face it their last album was pretty ruddy good.)

CON: It's odd to me, to have such a well known sample as their lead single from the album.

PRO: At least you already know the words to it.

CON: It's not as catchy as 'I Gotta Feeling' or 'Boom Boom Pow'.

PRO: At least the X Factor contestants won't be miming it in a group performance.

CON: Worst bit is when Apl D does a Ke$ha and rhymes 'swagger' with 'Mick Jagger'.


PRO: Best bit is when will.i.am says, "Dirty Bit" and the beat properly kicks in. Which can be heard around the 1:00 and 2:40 minute mark.


CON: Upon first listen you may be left feeling slightly underwhelmed.

PRO: It is, as they say, a "grower".


6.5/10

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS... the blog i mean.The song is catchy :) i like the beat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the song. Sorry, I have listened to it on the radio and couldn't believe my ears. I think The time of my life is a song no one in the whole wide word should cover or use pieces of. The radio guy was talking to a DJ and the guy sounded very surprised and asked over and over again if its no joke and if its really the new Black Eyed Peas single. And I have to agree it sounds somehow like a joke to me.

    ReplyDelete