Monday, November 8, 2010

Single of the Week, 'Take Over Control'

It's the New Music Monday Single Of The Week!

Today I'm gonna look at a song that isn't old but is in fact new. 

Technically the song I've chosen isn't really that new. It's been a major hit "in da clubz" in Ibiza over the last year and has only reached our shores lately. But thank God it's finally got here.

It is called, 'Take Over Control' and is by a DJ man by the name of Afrojack.

It's one of those "ultimate Summer songs" that make you feel happy, so releasing it in November is brilliant because, let's face it, in the cold dreary Winter months an "ultimate Summer song" is sometimes exactly what you need.

The singer featured on the track is the Rihanna/Willow Smith-esque, Eva Simons. When I say Rihanna/Willow Smith-esque, I am of course referring to the fact she is black, has hair that defies gravity and sings extremely good pop songs.

The song itself is about Eva asking us to, "Take Over Control", not "Take A Birth Control" as my cousin incorrectly suggested.

She also utters the immortal words, "Plug It In And Turn Me On". I can only assume she is ironically referring to herself as some sort of electronic device. Otherwise, I have no other explanation for that lyric.

The best bit in the whole track happens between 1:00 and 1:16.

I urge you to listen to this every day for the next week. Your life will be better for it.


9/10

2 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard this before - I like! The video is like Say You'll Be There/About A Girl & Shut Up & Drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh i love her she sang some other song called silly boy or somethin it was epic. Great song :)

    ReplyDelete